Full Name (required)
1. Have you started playing guitar yet? If so, how long have you been playing?
2. What kind of guitar do you have - electric guitar or acoustic guitar?
3. Apart from guitar, have you played any other musical instruments in the past? If so, please give details of what you played and for how long.
4. Have you taken any guitar lessons in the past? If so, please tell me about them - eg how long you took the lessons for, and why you stopped.
5. Have you tried to learn guitar by yourself, using materials like books, DVDs or online videos? If so, please tell me about the methods you have tried already.
6. What style(s) of music do you enjoy most?
7. Who are your favourite bands, singers or guitar players?
8. Do you have any all-time favourite songs?
9. Why did you decide you wanted to play guitar? What was it about guitar that first grabbed you?
10. Are there any guitar players you would love to sound like one day?
11. What are you up to at the moment (eg are you working full/part time, full-time parent, not working, studying, retired?)
12. If you are working, what kind of work do you do?
13. How much free time do you have in a typical day/week/month where practicing guitar would be possible?
14. Does anyone else in your life play guitar, or a musical instrument? Eg a partner, friend, family member or work colleague?
15. What kind of computers/devices do you use on a regular basis? Eg desktop computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone? Please give details of what they are and how often you use them.
16. If skills or knowledge were no barrier, what would you most like to do with guitar?
17. Do you have any fears or worries about learning guitar? If so, tell me about them.
18. If you have already started playing guitar, what do you currently find 1) most enjoyable about it, and 2) most difficult about it?
19. What would you most like to achieve after your first month of lessons?
20. Thinking ahead to the future, do you have any long-term goals for your guitar playing?
21. Finally, please use this last section to tell me about anything else you think is relevant, or ask me questions about anything you would like advice on before getting started.